Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Wednesday

Sorry it's been a week since I lasted posted wireless was not working and so it took a little bit. So since I last posted about Kodi, we have had some major melt downs. I believe it's that we are putting our foot down and following through with what we are saying, and he doesn't like it one bit.
Today we had three meltdowns or issues as we call them in our house before noon, the last one at the end he just cried and we talked about him missing his old home and his family he left in Minnesota and how is really misses them. I believe it's important for him to know that we miss our family back in Minnesota just as much as he does.
I am naming different feels for him as he has his issues and after he is done we talk about how he was feeling and how it is ok to have those different feelings but it's not ok to try and hurt people, and the most important of all that Mommy and Daddy love him, and that he doesn't need to worry about life and that Mommy and Daddy have anything under control.
Yesterday while we were having quit time he was able to paint and he decided to paint the boxes that we moved in, when I came down he was doing a wonderful job. Well that some how turned into paint all over. His little brother KK came down with me and they both were covered in paint from head to toe. Needless to say it was bath time after that. But as I watched I was so very thankful for his OT who worked with him for he would have never done that before. When I say the paint was all over it was, they had stripped down to nothing and where body painting. I have to say I LOVE washable paint, all the paint came off with no problems. What a great sensory meal for Kodi.
Our quest for this week is to find him a school. We found that private school but really we can not afford the tution and I really don't know if the school would be the best fit. As I was asking question I found that they do not have Speech in their school and that we would have to get help for a private therpay. Which is not a problem but I would really like him to get help in school. So are quest for school contiues.

No comments:

Post a Comment