Thursday, August 26, 2010

Traveling with the boys

We have made it finally to Minnesota, and I have to say for all my boys being in the car 13 hours a day was a very long and boring two days but they all did great. Kodi was wonderful we only had a very small issue.
We made it to MN finally Tuesday night and he fell right back into his old routine at grandma's house which was very nice. He even asked if he was going to therapy and didn't really get that we were just visiting and we don't' go and see his therapist when we visit.
The Lion face is still doing wonders for us, I also have been noticing that when I am around and he goes into his fits I just make it worse. Yesterday I had to take our youngest Peyton to get his pre op done for his surgery on Friday and Kodi was melting down big time. Too much excitement at the cousins and he didn't want to leave. So I had to go but within 5 minutes he was ok with my hubby and his aunt. Where if I am around it goes until for 30 to 45 minutes.
Also being here we are able to play outside since it's not so blasted hot. Being outside is so much help, last night the boys stayed with my parents and just played and ran around out back. It was a much needed break for all of us.
I also have to wonder why it's taking the therapist so blasted long to for us to get an evaluation in VA it's crazy I have us on 3 different waiting lists. But really not even a phone call in the past three months so I will have to call them when we get back home.
We will see how our day is today since we are going to the Mall of America, if we have melt downs or not. I also know that Kodi feels our stress and our emotions much more than a "normal" kid would. After his melt down yesterday he told Aaron (his dad) that he was scared and worried about Peyton going away for surgery and didn't want Mommy to drive the car. Now did he tell us that no he just screamed and cried and tried to pull me out of the way and out of the car. We are telling him that it's ok and that he has nothing to worry about Mommy and Daddy are taking care of things and he doesn't have to worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment