Sunday, November 7, 2010

Music to his ears

Our first day of OT was good, not sure what he did since all he told me was they were in the kitchen making a spider and doing music. No swing or playing just sitting and doing a spider. I do know he was calm and happy when we got home.
We are now listening to a new theraputic listening CD Rhythem and Rhyme he likes it and will actually listen twice a day. I do love how the music really does help him and I can tell just from the first day that it was and is working. He is a much happier and calm kid. He doesn't seem to get upset as fast.
I went to a girls night out on friday night, for a 31 purse party and had to bring my boys since hubby was at a scouting camp out. We had a nice time and at the end of the crazy night I was doing my best to avoid a melt down and Kodi had choosen to listen and came down to get ready. A friend of mine was a little to pushy with Kodi and wasn't listening to him and he just lost it. He really likes just mommy to help him and I didn't mind helping him at all. It was as simple as putting his shoes on and than getting out to the car.
So my no melting down turned into a whole show and a crying child. Needless to say I wasn't happy and I had to step in and take care of my little boy. He was so unhappy and upset that she was not listening to him. Everything was calm by the time we got home and he went straight to sleep.
My friend call the next day and felt very bad for trying to help and getting Kodi all upset. Which was very nice, I know she was trying to help and I need to let my friends know that when I need the help I will ask. Kodi and I have a very special way to doing our daily tasks and some may think I am crazy for giving him help since he is 5 or that I give him to much help, but I don't care. I know what my son needs and how he works. I know that he needs more time to process what is going on and how much I do need to help him.
It is hard being a military family and meeting new people every time we get a new duty station, and I am very good at telling people that his has SPD and how we work. I just need people to listen. If we all just listened to others the world would be a much different place.

No comments:

Post a Comment