Thursday, November 11, 2010

Trying to manage

Trying to manage lately for Kodi and I, has proved actually pretty good. We are finding our balance and I am finding the best way to help him. Being in OT is really helping and he is doing a great job. I love that when he is starting to meltdown and lose it, I get down to his eye level and in a calm voice tell him he has two choices, one to choose the right and do what we are asking and the second choice would be to meltdown. I simply say choose the right, and walk away so he has time to make his choice, and it's working.

He is doing great at school, we did have a mishap at school of Wednesday, Daddy brought the wrong swim suit to school and he had a major issue over it, plus he was up the night before way to late, anyway it took a lot and he was late to school, but I finally got him calmed down and in school and I did let his teacher know if he was going to havea fit over the swimsuit than it was ok if he didn't go swimming. I prayed thathe would just change and be ok, and he was no issues when we picked him up and he did great.

No comments:

Post a Comment