Friday, November 5, 2010

A week in Review

The past couple of weeks have been crazy for us, dealing with sick kids and grandma coming, and not to mention Halloween. Seasons are changing and we all know what that means, sickness with the changing seasons. Now the cold we are dealing with is one that has been in our home for a while and it doesn't seem to matter how long I have the windows open to air out the house, or how much I clean the house it seems to stay here. I am thankful that we have not had to take our youngest to the ER for croup.
It was wonderful to have Gma as I call her, here with us for a couple of days, the boys loved waking up to seeing her each morning. It was a sad day when she had to leave and Kodi really missed her, enough to have two meltdowns and it finally came out that he really missed Gma and all his family back in MN.
We finally had the IEP meeting to tell me he did not qualify for help in school which we already knew, and it was a big waste of time. I just pray that we will have different orders by next fall and won't be in this stinking state anymore.
He also has started OT again we have only been in once to see her and she started him on the music therapy again, so far it has made a big difference and he is actually listening to his music twice a day. Life is finally getting getting good again and we are able to see our happy little boy.

1 comment:

  1. Funny, I call my mom Gma too. Sorry to hear your son didn't qualify for the IEP. My freind is in Boston and her son doesn't either. My son is on one, I'd assume different states have different opinions on it. Good luck with the OT.

    Kelly
    www.bepatientimautistic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete