Friday, April 1, 2011

Friday is here and spring break

It was a hard day for Kodi, I am not sure why but it was a rough day. His morning started off great and than after lunch it just seemed to go down hill. We were suppose to go and see HOP, but as we were getting ready to go he was upset that grandma wasn't coming with us (she had to work and she was staying with the baby) but as we got to the car he had started whinning and complaning about the movie and wont' sit in his car. So I simply told him we wouldn't be going .Man that did not go over well. A full on fit had arrived, I haven't seen a fit like that for a while.
I think it took about an hour from start to finish, but by the end he was good and sad that he did not get to see the movie. I got him to go outside and swing for a bit and than played in the snow and water until he was soaking wet, but it seemed to get what he needed.
He also was very excited about the timer I got for him and his little brother, I am having trouble with getting them to do what needs to be done in a timely manner. He uses a timer just like this on at therapy so he knew what it does and how to work it. I also was able to brush him and he really enjoyed it. I am hoping to start the brushing program again with him tomorrow. Which means every 2 hours we are brushing for the first week and than goes down from there, but it really does seem to make a difference. I am going to try and get him to listen to his music again, I brought it with us just in case he would need it.
I am doing everything I can to help him with his sensory diet, it hard at times when he doesn't want to anything at all. But it's a day by day trial with him. Tomorrow is a new day and we will start over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment