Sunday, September 5, 2010

Another great day

It's been a little while since I posted last we headed back home for Peyton's surgery which went very well, all three boys did a great job. As soon as we stepped into grandma's house Kodi and Kk went right back to their old routines. Kodi wanted to know when he was going to see Sarah and Megan who were his Speech and OT therapist as well as Jenn his behaviorist. We had to explain that he was not going to be seeing them anymore since we now live in Virginia.
Only a couple of melt downs nothing we had not dealt with before. I am still trying to see if Kk is SPD or just learning from his brother either way I give him sensory based activities as well.
We are now home and falling right back into our routine, today was a great day. Sunday's always seem to be very hard on us and trying to make it to church on time is always hard. Today was different I believe it was that Aaron gave Kodi a lot of input right before we left and he was able to get what he was in need of.
As I came down the stairs I saw Aaron carrying Kodi in a blanket like a bag of toys swinging him and than crashing into the pillows on the couch. He loved it, I guess they had been doing activities like that for about 40 minutes while I was getting ready. Kodi and Kk both were ready to leave and no issues.
Once we made it to church Kodi took Kk to nursery and Kodi and I headed into the chapel for our primary program practise. Kodi did a great job listening and sitting pretty good during the two hours of practise. I was so very proud of him. He has two speaking parts and one singing part with his whole class. I can't wait for this program and to see how well he goes.
Once it was time for us to come home he was bear walking around and letting us know he was in need again. Which I love that as he gets a little older he is able to tell when he needs and at times will allow us to help him.
I am looking forward to this week and starting his preschool program we are doing together. We decided not to put him in Kindergarten, it's been a battle with the school here but he is just not ready to start. So one more year at home and than next year we will send him. But this year we are going to have fun learning and going places to learn. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment