Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Making a home

It finally feels like we are making a life and a home here in Portsmouth, we have now been here for 4 months and life is getting into a routine. Kodi is finally getting his OT and speech and we found him a pre-k school, he is very excited about this. He will be attending one at a YMCA and I can't wait it's all week long and half day, plus a swim lessons as well. Life is good, we are making progress with therapy and he is happy most of the time.
He has been having less and less issues as we call them at home, but when he does it's a bad one and I am trying to remember to remain calm and not to take it personal when he tells me he hates me and I usually reply "I love you Kodi".
When he is having a "issue" we are trying to get him to use water balloons which means I need to have a lot on hand and ready to go. I am trying to figure out the best way to keep the water balloons ready to throw. So far nothing is working so I give him one or two and than let him use the hose and fill them up and throw them at the ground, or back of the garage. So far it's been a great way for him to get out his anger and use that engery in a postive way.
Another way we are learing to deal is we are teaching our boys about money and how it doesn't grow on trees so if we have no "issues" than at scripture time that evening he gets is quater for being great that day. Both boys also get to earn money for helping out during the day.
It seems to be working great and I love that they want to work and earn money.

No comments:

Post a Comment