Thursday, October 7, 2010

Melt down city

I can't seem to figure out why he is having so many melt downs. I don't understand why he is falling apart and it's not just one or two, it's two twice a day or three times a day. I don't know if it is because he has started school or if it's that he is getting into a rountine with school or what is going on, but we are having issues. The scarey thing is that I can't control him when he is out of control. He is getting bigger and stronger and I can't stop him.
I worry so much about him and how he is doing, but I am doing everything I can to help him, but it doesn't seem like it's enough. It's been a day and I am emotional drained, I need a good night's sleep and be ready for tomorrow. I pray that tomorrow will be a little better.

2 comments:

  1. You're such a good mom, Mary. Kodi was so blessed to be sent to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary,

    I read your post on Hartley's blog. Boy, can I relate. Wondering if your son has been diagnosed with PDD (Pervasive Developmental Disorder). My son is 4 and has PDD which goes along with sensory issues. I noticed some similarities. Also my son is on an IEP (Individualized Education Plan) at school and we slowly worked him into the classroom setting. We had to pay to have an official diagnosis which makes him available to state resources. Sounds like your school has failed him. I hear parents say they have to fight for their kids. Maybe talk to your pediatrician about what else is out there in your state. For us routine is key to try to avoid melt downs. Best of luck!

    Kelly
    www.bepatientimautistic.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete