Saturday, October 16, 2010

Week 2 of school

His second week of school is over and he is doing so very well. I know that I shouldn't be amazed with how a routinue works, but I still am. It came to the end of the week and we only had on meltdown, and it wasn't a major one. We are still doing the water ballons and that works great, he is able to get his anger out and able to use the engery in a positive way instead of hurting me or Aaron.
We had the school finally test him in OT and Speech and of course they are waiting to the very last weeks to do the testing. So we went and are continuing with the testing. I am pretty sure he won't get any help from the school for his test scores are normal, and what they are not seeing is that yes on paper he is doing great but when you talk to him and see him in the classroom it's different.
He has started speech outside of the school and like going, I just can't wait for his OT to start, we have so much going right now that it's hard to keep all the appointments straight. We also are still doing karate and he is doing great in that, I just have to make sure we get to class twice a week. This week we only are making it once, next week will have to be better.
One problem in our house is that the boys love to watch tv together, we have had many fights with our boys over turning the tv off and we are working on it, this week has actually been a great week both boys are turning the TV with no problems and listening. Which than they get a penny for no fits and no issues on listening to us. Their money jar is helping so much and they are learing that money doesn't just grow in my purse or daddy's wallet. If the boys want something like a toy they have to I ask do you have enough money for that and Kodi looks and tells me "no, I need to save more" so it's working and he is learning.
We have a pea box for the boys to play in and they are loving it, but I am finding little peas all over my house. I can't seem to escape from them at all. All their friends love playing with the peas. It's a nightly picking with peas and the worst part is that my vaccum is broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment