Wednesday, October 6, 2010

School

Things are finally starting to fall into place, we found a great pre-k for Kodi and today was his second day of school. He loves going, loves being able to have friends, and is super excited to get up and go. Let's pray that it stays this way, he is making great progress with his therapist and behaving better when he gets upset.
We still are having "issues" his last one I don't blame him for melting down, he had his evlauation for OT and it took 2 1/2 hours and I knew it would be a rough night for us, which it was but we made it and things have been great since Monday.
We are finally now getting back into a routine and it's great. I am now trying to work on Kingston and helping him understand how Kodi acts out is not ok and that we need to not act, scream, fight or hurt others when we dont' like what is going on.
This is a huge problem and I am trying my best to stop it right now. I am sure it's hard for him to watch his older brother, but I am doing my best explaining and working with him. Kodi starts speech next week and we are very excited for that.
We did learn that the school district here won't do anything for him in means of getting language help, and I am so upset and I really pray that when it's time for us to be in school we will be in another state. One that will have a better school system and not here. I really hate this district. But what can I do, but what I am doing which is why he is not in school until next year, they just want to push us into putting him in school and we won't do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment