Friday, October 1, 2010

Struggling

This past week Kodi has been struggling with listening and it shows 24-7, he either doesnt' seem to care what we are telling him or he just doesn't care at all. It's driving me crazy, we are still doing the quarter a day if he is not having issues well the past three days he has had issues. They are getting better he is not fighting us right awa but instead just yelling at the top of his lungs, but it's still hard. I do believe that TV has a lot to do with how he acts, so we are cutting way down and putting our foot down on how much he watches.
IT's not easy but I am cutting it out and he hates it, I am hoping that when he goes to school it will be better, but we aren't sure when he will start, since we put in to a scholarship and we are waiting to hear to see how much we will be paying each month. But he is so very excited to start school and I can't wait. The whole morning for him to be in school and enough time for me to workout :)
I am learning that I need a break from my kids in order for me to function and be the best mom I can be. Since Daddy works 12 hour days it's just me during the day and it's hard on me most days so Kodi going to school is a great thing.
He is doing great in Karate and it's teaching him great qualities, and how to center his energy. Today we have had a pretty good day some friends came over for a play date and the boys played and had a great time. Than Kodi actually was swinging in his green swing and now is jumping into pillows off the table. I know to some that is not ok, but for us in our home sensory play is a big factor in how our day goes and both boys love that with me watching them they can do things like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment